Join a School at the Forefront of Higher Education
For over two centuries, Georgetown University’s mission, based on its Catholic and Jesuit heritage and values, has been to educate students to be self-reflective, critical thinkers committed to serve in greater society. This drive to offer students an enriching experience where they will expand their horizons intellectually, culturally, and personally has earned Georgetown a place in the highest rankings of top universities in the U.S. and world. By placing students together with experts in their fields in a flexible learning environment, Georgetown’s online programs challenge and inspire students while also providing a convenient way for them to manage their busy schedules.
Georgetown offers the following online master’s programs:
Online Master’s in Real Estate
Featuring a curriculum taught by distinguished Georgetown faculty members, the online master’s in Real Estate prepares students with the tools they need to fulfill many different roles within the global real estate industry. Students will gain a comprehensive understanding of real estate while developing the skills necessary to successfully manage the evolving challenges, trends, and complexities of this dynamic global industry.
This program is for students preparing to become forward-thinking change agents and real estate leaders poised to shape the real estate industry.
Real Estate Learning Outcomes
- Develop a 360-degree view of the real estate industry, exploring developmental, financial, construction, environmental, design, and corporate aspects.
- Master core concepts in real estate finance, law, markets, and accounting that are essential to success in the real estate industry.
- Develop proficiencies navigating ethical and legal scenarios as well as legal agreements that govern relationships between parties, and learn to manage projects with integrity.
- Investigate the ways that sustainability relates to ethics, economics, construction, and operations in real estate development.
- Master the intricacies of managing real estate projects for development and construction, learning industry best practices for contracts, subcontracts, cost control, and administration.
- Adopt a world-view of real estate as a global industry, requiring understanding of cultural differences between U.S. and foreign investors.
Online Master’s in Sports Industry Management
Georgetown’s online master’s in Sports Industry Management (SIM) teaches students the skills and knowledge required to achieve success in the highly competitive field of sports management. SIM students learn the concepts, theories, and methods that will best serve them as they enter the global sports industry.
This program is for students who are interested in pursuing an exciting and challenging career at a sports agency, as a sports facility manager, or in collegiate or professional athletics.
SIM Learning Outcomes
- Examine the concept of ethical decision making and moral aspects of managing a business in the competitive realm of international sports.
- Develop business acumen and balance it with strategic planning skills.
- Master the essential concepts and skills required for marketing a sports organization.
- Acquire an unsurpassed education in management that will be vital to a successful career in sports management.
- Attain a deep understanding of the legal aspects of sports management that will teach the student to appropriately handle contract negotiations and other legal situations.
Online Master’s in Technology Management
The online master’s in Technology Management (TM) immerses students in a learning environment that challenges them to think big, prepares them with critical acumen, and sets them on the path to become leaders in IT. Students will develop the knowledge and hands-on skills needed to succeed in both the technology and business sectors.
This program is geared toward technical managers, project and program leaders, as well as practitioners, managers, and executives involved in the business-side of technology management.
TM Learning Outcomes
- Master critical-thinking skills needed to gather, analyze, and make key business and IT management decisions.
- Hone the leadership skills required to influence business innovation.
- Drive organizational change through technology deployments aimed at modernization, transformation, expansion, improved efficiencies, and revenue opportunities.
- Develop effective strategies to avoid costly security breaches, data losses, and data outages.
- Engage in strategic planning with emerging technologies in Business Intelligence (BI), Competitive Intelligence (CI), and Customer Relationship Management (CRM).
- Explore foundational concepts of ethics as they relate to technology, business, management, and law.